Wednesday, April 28, 2010

bird wreath box


I really like the thin wooden boxes that soft cheeses come in here in Europe. I've been saving a few Camembert cheese boxes without really knowing what I was going to do with them. I also had a flat aluminum wreath with a bird on it that I had bought in Japan but couldn't find any good way of displaying.

Suddenly, I realized that the bird wreath would fit perfectly in the cheese box. Thus, the solution to my problem! Two birds with one... box?

It was super easy-- just poked some holes in the base of the box and fed a tiny amount of green gardening wire through to secure the wreath, and finished! It goes along with the bird theme in the rest of the room and is perfect for spring!

I think it would also look good with some green moss (either the stringy kind or the velvety kind) around the inner and outer rims, but I also like the wood grain and the writing on the outer rim as it is.

No comments: